Draft Meeting Minutes for September 15, 2020
Community Development District
The regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors of the Habitat Community Development District was held via web conference on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 4 p.m.
Attending via web conference authorized by Executive Order 20-69 waiving the quorum requirement were:
Mark Novitski – Chair
Larry Roth – Vice Chair
Linda Lea Gibson – Assistant Secretary
Jenny Licht – Assistant Secretary
Joe Napolitano – Assistant Secretary
Also present by web conference were:
Charlie Krebs – District Engineer
Chris Pepin – Field Manager
Christopher Dudak – PDM Assistant to the District Manager
Nancy Dudak – Premier District Management
The following is a summary of the actions taken at the Habitat Community Development District Board of Supervisors Meeting.
|FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS||Call to Order and Roll Call|
The meeting was called to order by the Chair, and Chrisopher Dudak, PDM Assistant to the District Manager, called roll. All Board members were present. Also present were Engineer Charlie Krebs, Field Manager Chris Pepin, and Nancy Dudak, Premier District Management.
|SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS||Pledge of Allegiance|
|THIRD ORDER OF BUSINESS||Approval of Agenda|
The Agenda was approved as amended, with item 7Fii being added to the Agenda.
On MOTION by Vice Chair Roth, seconded by Supervisor Gibson, with all in favor, the Agenda was approved as amended, with item 7Fii being added to the Agenda, two proposals for the repair of the water control structures on Lakes 11 and 14, to bring them into compliance.
|FOURTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Audience Comments on Agenda Items|
- The Chair mentioned a three-page letter sent to the Board by Lisa Ninchritz saying that she and “a majority of her Facebook site are not in favor of the three turn lanes going out of Bella Terra.”
- Jim Meek thanked Vice Chair Roth for the productive meeting they had. He also thanked Chair Novitski for having the persistence to pursue the emergency exit. He also said that the HOA Board did not approve spending the money to remove the landscaping for the third lane issue. They also did not approve of the third lane since no study is available. He said they believe that the stop light solved part of the problem. He also commented that going into the school is a problem in both directions. He feels that the possibility of a new elementary school will alleviate some of that problem.
- Rob Warner said he opposes any changes at the front entrance due to a limited number of people needing it, and he feels the stop light alleviated some of the problem. When the road has four lanes, he thinks it would be a good time to look at the issue again.
|FIFTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Approval of Meeting Minutes|
A. Draft Meeting Minutes from August 18, 2020
The meeting Minutes from August 18, 2020 were approved with a change of one word on line 52.
On MOTION by Vice Chair Roth, seconded by Supervisor Napolitano, with all in favor, the regular meeting Minutes from August 18, 2020 were approved with a word change on line 52.
|SIXTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Supervisor Candidate Presentations|
- Supervisor Gibson spoke about the improvements that have been made in the community in the last eight years due to the Board’s work.
- Norman Reno is running for seat #2 and talked about his qualifications.
|SEVENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Staff Reports|
A. Irrigation Contractor Report
Tad Kring was not present. The Field Manager commented that he is logging locations and repair dates on a spreadsheet but does not have the Irrigation Contractor’s update.
i. Valve Repair Summary Report
The valve repair summary was not available.
B. Chair Report
i. Emergency Ingress/Egress & Corkscrew Widening Updates
The Chair discussed how the Board came to their decisions concerning changes at the entrance, and said that trees will have to be relocated. Supervisor Licht and Supervisor Naplitano stated they did not have an opportunity to specifically discuss and vote on changing the entrance and adding the third left turn lane. The Chair said the discussion and vote were reflected in the July 21, 2020 minutes. He also stated that it was in the packet the Board had before they voted, but said he would consider a motion to change it. The Chair expressed that he feels their objective should be to move traffic more than enhance aesthetics. Supervisor Licht made a motion not to add the third exit lane, and it passed after discussion.
On MOTION by Supervisor Licht, seconded by Supervisor Napolitano, with a 3-2 vote (Chair Novitski and Supervisor Gibson opposed), voted to remove Board approval to add a third exit lane at the entrance.
ii. Property Transfer Considerations
The Chair discussed that they have to transfer the property for the emergency egress, the joint pump stations and sewage treatment pump station.
C. District Manager Report
i. FEMA Update
The FEMA update was not available.
D. Field Manager Report
i. Field Report for August
The Chair commented that everything looked good on the Field Manager’s report.
ii. Concern/Complaint Log
There were no issues.
iii. Project Updates
a. Maintenance Shed Update
The Field Manager said the shed will be delivered on September 22nd, so his team will pull back the fence the day before. Several plants will have to be replanted after the shed is installed.
b. Stormwater System Inspection Update
The Field Manager reported that MRI started inspecting the entire stormwater system. He expects it will take a few more weeks and will be completed around the end of September.
c. Clock Tower Door Replacement Update
It should arrive in five to seven weeks.
d. Cypress Tree Planting Update
The Field Manager’s team will be planting 39 trees and he will be flagging locations for those trees.
e. FPL Light Pole Numbering Update
The pole numbering project is scheduled to begin at the end of September.
E. Attorney Report
There being none, the next Order of Business followed.
F. Engineer Report
i. Swale Behind 21027 Torre Del Lago Update and Proposal
The Field Manager obtained two proposals for the swale. Copeland Southern Enterprises’ proposal was $24,775 and MRI was $29,500, which was much more than he anticipated and the Board previously approved.
On MOTION by Supervisor Napolitano, seconded by Supervisor Licht, with all in favor, the Board approved a not to exceed amount of $24,775 to fix the swale behind 21027 Torre Del Lago.
ii. Permit Compliance Issues
There are issues with the water control structures at Lake #11 and Lake #14, according to the Engineer. Two proposals were provided. The Engineer stated that Lee County is anxious for these long overdue permit compliance issues to be resolved.
On MOTION by Supervisor Gibson, seconded by Vice Chair Roth, with all in favor, the Board approved a not to exceed amount of $9,000 to correct the water control structures to comply with the permit.
|EIGHTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Discussion/Action Items|
A. Guardhouse Renovations
Vice Chair Roth, working with Jim Meek, contacted the pre-construction company about the guardhouse renovations. Their idea is to expand the guardhouse to the east to alleviate downtime for the guards and residents. The Master HOA is concerned because they recently paid for electrical work that may be impacted. The Chair said that moving to the east involves moving a large generator, which will be expensive, so he feels they should go south. They decided that each of the supervisors will send the Property Manager their ideas so he can create a presentation in the future. Jim Meek suggested that a Board member should attend the Master Building Committee meeting on Mondays. The Board agreed that the roof has to be raised.
B. Roadway Maintenance Sealcoating Proposal
The Chair expressed concern about asking residents not to use the roads for 24 hours. The Board inquired if there are products that dry more quickly. The Field Manager was asked to get more information from the contractor about how they minimize the impact to the community, resulting in the issue being tabled for this month.
C. Mosquito Spraying
Supervisor Licht and Nancy Dudak had a meeting with a representative from the Lee County Mosquito Control District about the toxicity of the chemicals they use. They were informed of the spraying process and the chemicals that are used. The Board was invited to visit the Mosquito District facility. Supervisor Licht, who was impressed with the information, volunteered to write an article for the newsletter about it.
D. Third Lane Exit Discussion
i. Concrete Proposal
This item was not discussed.
ii. Tree Moving Proposal
The Chair asked the Field Manager to bring proposals to the next Board meeting.
E. CDD Road, Curb and Hydrant No-Parking Painting Options
The Chair asked the Field Manager to paint curbs red where there are fire hydrants in a few places so residents do not park there. The Field Manager was asked to do the white striping throughout the community, particularly by the clubhouse. The Field Manager will coordinate it with the Engineer. The Chair will send locations to the Field Manager to have the paver crosswalk by the clubhouse white-striped. The Board discussed the issue and decided to use yellow instead of red on the hydrant curbs in several areas to gauge community reaction.
F. Tile Cleaning Around Clock Tower Proposal
The Board requested a proposal at the last meeting from Water Works Pools to have all the tile around the clock tower cleaned. It would take 4-6 days to complete the baking soda high pressure blasting process to remove calcium on the tiles. The cost would be $7,900. The Chair asked the Field Manager to get some references before the Board considers the proposal.
|NINTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Financial Reports|
A. Financials for August 2020
The August 2020 Financials were discussed and approved.
On MOTION by Supervisor Gibson, seconded by Supervisor Licht, with all in favor, the Board approved the Financials for August 2020.
|TENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Communications|
A. Estero Council of Community Leaders
i. New Greater Estero Community Report
ii. Online Meetings and Agendas
|ELEVENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Supervisors Requests and/or Comments|
- Supervisor Licht asked if the decorating committee can decorate the front trees. The Chair approved it.
- Supervisor Napolitano suggested a future vote concerning the Bella Terra third exit lane. Chair Novitski previously consulted with engineers and Lee County and tabled the issue.
|TWELFTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Audience Comments|
- Adam Ardenfriend commented that people are speeding in front of his house at 21819 Bella Terra Boulevard in both directions and requested a speed bump be placed there. He said he is concerned about the safety of his family, and he already lost a dog who was struck by a car in front of the house.
- Vice Chair Roth said the speed cushion at Bella Terra is very high. The Field Manager will look at those areas to bring recommendations to the Board at the next meeting.
- Jim Meek suggested the Village needs to present a plan for the landscaping change due to the Corkscrew widening project. He asked if the drainage swales would be affected, which the Chair confirmed. He also gave a name to the Board concerning sealcoating experience in another community.
- Lisa Ninchritz suggested that police come into the community to curb the speeding problem.
|THIRTEENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS||Adjournment|
There being no further Orders of Business and,