Latest Meeting & Agenda
May 18, 2021
About Habitat Community Development District
Habitat Community Development District (CDD) also known as Bella Terra is a beautiful intergenerational community conveniently located 3 miles east of I-75 in Lee County, Florida. The Habitat CDD provides local government services and maintains the public infrastructure. This includes the storm water management system, lakes, preserves, and roadways. The Habitat CDD was established in April 2003 and is 100% built out.
The community consists of 1,899 residential units which are surrounded by 100 acres of tranquil lakes and 400 acres of conservation preserves. In addition, Bella Terra amenities include a 7,000 sq. ft. club house, with a fitness center, a resort style pool with a spa and waterfall, and an aerobics studio with a full time fitness director. In addition, recreational facilities include tennis, basketball, and bocce courts, multi-use ball fields, inline skate park, beach volley ball, and a tot lot.
It is the District’s mission to maintain and make improvements to its property, in order to provide safe infrastructure within the Bella Terra community.
Such Maintenance and improvements are inclusive of:
- The safety of our streets with proper lighting, properly maintained roads and sidewalks.
- Maintaining the quality of the water in our lakes and promoting the health of our lake banks.
- Maintaining preserve areas for the betterment of wildlife indigenous to Southwest Florida.
- Fostering an environmentally conscious attitude in the performance of CDD business, to sustain the natural environment and protect quality of life.
– the Board of Supervisors of the Habitat Community Development District
District Records Requests
Habitat CDD complies with all provisions and requirements of Florida State Statute 119 in reference to retention and provision of public documents as established within the statute. Any requests for public documents or information will be provided by the District Custodian of Records subject to charges as permitted under the statute.
The District Custodian of Public Records
Custodian of Public Records
3820 Colonial Boulevard – Suite 101
Fort Myers, FL 33966
Office: 239-690-7100 ext. 101