Skip to main content

Copy of Draft Workshop Meeting Minutes for September 20, 2022

Community Development District

The workshop meeting of the Board of Supervisors of the Habitat Community Development District was held in the Bella Terra Clubhouse at 20070 Bella Terra Boulevard in Estero, Florida and also via web conference on Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 3 p.m.

Present (or attending via web conference) and constituting a quorum were:

Larry Roth – Vice Chair
Linda Lea Gibson – Assistant Secretary
Mark Novitski – Assistant Secretary
Jenny Licht – Assistant Secretary

Also present (or attending via web conference):

Cal Teague – PDM District Manager
Chris Pepin – Field Manager, Field Management Services
Charlie Krebs – Engineer, Hole Montes, Inc.
Greg Urbancic – Attorney, Coleman Yovanovich Koester, PA
K.J. Moss – Bella Terra Community Association President

The following is a summary of the actions taken at the Habitat Community Development District Board of Supervisors Meeting.

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS Call to Order and Roll Call

The meeting was called to order and four Board members were present. Also in attendance were Cal Teague, the District Manager, Chris Pepin, the Field Manager, Charlie Krebs, the Engineer, K.J. Moss, Master Board President, and some Residents. Participating via web conference was Greg Urbanic, the Attorney.


THIRD ORDER OF BUSINESS Approval of the Agenda

On MOTION by Supervisor Novitski, seconded by Supervisor Gibson, with all in favor, the Agenda was approved, as submitted.

FOURTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Audience Comments on Agenda Items

There were no Audience comments on the Agenda.


A. Potential Deed Transfer of Lift/Pump Station Properties

Supervisor Novitski gave a presentation on the 3 locations with pump stations and lift stations which are shared by the CDD and the HOA that are being considered for transfer. He reviewed their history and what the current status is on the transfer.

i. Why Only These Three Properties

After discussion between the Board and staff, it was agreed that the proposed specifics of the transfer will be sent to Engineer Krebs, and then presented to the Master HOA. Supervisor Novitski will be the Board’s representative at the HOA meeting and will present the CDD’s proposal.

ii. Are There Other Properties

Supervisor Novitski stated that there is a pump station on Cleto on the lake, one on Bella Terre Boulevard near Belvedere, a lift station on the curve on the west side of Torre del Lago, a pump station at Barletter, and a lift station at Larry and Mecina.

iii. What is the Purpose of Transfer if Master Will Maintain

This was covered during the previous discussion.

B. HOA/CDD Maintenance Responsibilities

i. Landscape Contracts, Responsibilities, Areas, Term

This concerns the landscape and irrigation contracts and the responsibilities of the CDD and HOA. District Manager Teague will have Engineer Krebs create a master map of the main responsibilities of the sub-associations, Master HOA, and the CDD, which can be transferred to the GIS, and this will be discussed at another workshop.

ii. Working Together on Items Like Curbing to Work Out a Plan for Whole Community Services

K.J. Moss, Master Board President, stated that the HOA would like to work together with the CDD to inform the community about upcoming projects.

iii. Walking Path to be Put in Next to Corkscrew

K.J. Moss stated that the HOA is currently responsible for 97% of the maintenance of the CDD easement, and they would like the CDD to transfer the other 3% to the HOA. There was discussion on granting an easement to the HOA. Attorney Urbancic, Engineer Krebs, and District Manager Teague will investigate, and this will be discussed at the October regular meeting.

iv. Disaster Relief

K.J. Moss stated that after Hurricane Irma, residents paid for removing the trees that covered the roadways, and they were never reimbursed. The HOA proposed to sign a disaster relief contract with the CDD, stating that the HOA will do the maintenance, give the bill to the CDD, and the CDD could then ask FEMA for reimbursement. Because of legal ramifications, and other issues, this will be investigated and discussed at a later meeting.

SIXTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Supervisor Requests/Comments

There were no Supervisor requests or comments.


There were no Audience comments.


On MOTION by Supervisor Novitski, seconded by Supervisor Licht, with all in favor, the workshop meeting was adjourned at 3:54 p.m.

The Next Regular Meeting is September 20, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.

Secretary / Assistant Secretary
Chair / Vice Chair