Habitat Community Development District
A Community Development District (CDD) is a local, special-purpose government framework authorized by Chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes as amended, and is an alternative to municipal incorporation for managing and financing infrastructure required to support development of a community.
- Chapter 189 Website
- Chapter 190 Website
- Chapter 112 – Code of Ethics
- Florida Commission on Ethics
- Department of Financial Services
- Auditor General
Habitat CDD Information
- Rules of Procedure – 8.12.15
- Habitat CDD – Establishment Ordinance
- PDF Map of the Habitat CDD Boundaries
- Resolution 2020-03 COVID 19 Virtual Meeting Resolution
- How the Habitat CDD Works
- What We’ve Learned – CDD Storm Prep
- Habitat CDD (Bella Terra) Board Accomplishments since Turnover from Developer
The Habitat CDD manages the storm water management system, lakes, and preserves within Habitat. For More information, please visit the Services page.
The CDD Board of Supervisors are elected to terms of four years and elections are staggered on a 2-year cycle. Information on running for office is provided here.